Our Friend: Jesus

December 3rd: Streams in the Desert

"Is it well with your husband? Is it well with the child?"
And she answered, "It is well." (2 Kings 4:26)
-

Be strong, my soul!
Thy loved ones go
Within the veil.
God's thine, e'en so;
Be strong.
Be strong, my soul!
Death looms in view.
Lo, here thy God!
He'll bear thee through;
Be strong.
-
For sixty-two years and five months I had a beloved wife, and now, in my ninety-second year I am left alone. But I turn to the ever present Jesus, as I walk up and down in my room, and say, "Lord Jesus, I am alone, and yet not alone--Thou art with me, Thou art my Friend. Now, Lord, comfort me, strengthen me, give to Thy poor servant everything Thou seest he needs."
-
And we should not be satisfied till we are brought to this,
that we know the Lord Jesus Christ experimentally, habitually to be our Friend:
at all times, and under all circumstances, He is ready to prove Himself to be our Friend.
--George Mueller


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him