Keep Your Focus

After a summer at Turkey Hill Ranch Bible Camp that challenged me to keep my eyes focused on the Lord Jesus Christ, always with a heart to serve Him, and to remain faithful to the work He set before me...I have been convicted these past few days, away from camp, to keep my focus. My goal at camp was to honor Him, to spread the gospel, and to build up the body of Christ. The reality is, that goal should be the pulse of my heart and the rhythm of my life. It should be the desire of every person that calls Jesus Christ their Savior. 
"Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him." 
II Corinthians 5:9
Let's look at where God has placed us right now. Look around. Who needs the gospel? Who needs to be built up in the faith? Be zealous for His work! I loved the zeal of every staffer I saw at camp - the passion to stand for what is right and be stretched for Him. I was truly stretched in my own walk with the Lord (that'll be another post!). But what a work God has for us in our family, our home meeting, our work, our world. Will you be known as the believers in Acts 17?!? They were known for this - they "turned the world upside down" with the gospel (Acts 17:6), they proclaimed allegiance to only one King, Jesus (v.7). Press toward the goal to know Christ more and Him crucified, let's be well pleasing to Him in every aspect of our lives...keep your focus.


"I don't have a vision except for Jesus Christ. I don't want to be anything. I don't want to be a bigshot. I don't want to be important. I don't want to conquer the world. I just want to be pleasing to God today and that is enough. That is enough. and strive as I might, I haven't obtained that goal so why should I look for another?" - Paul Washer

Comments

  1. Amen, Sister! Something we all need to be reminded of...moment by moment! Love to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly - I LOVE YOU TOO! I'm looking forward to sharing more of what Christ shares with me regarding being "faithful in the little things" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you're still around ;). Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anne....I like your profile picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Mel! Very important to remember to keep our focus on whats important and to finish the race well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being pleasing to God is a good goal! Micah 6:8. Love you sweet girl, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. You realize I hadn't read this before we spoke on the phone and I encouraged you to... "always do those things that please the Father." Reading, studying, meditating, listening become most profitable through application. James 5:16 ...pray one for another
    1Th 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
    1Th 5:25 Brethren, pray for us.
    Praying for you as I know you are praying for LuAnn and me.
    luvya, ken

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him