Resting...Resting...

CLICK ON LINK
---
Words can't describe how much this song had been so comforting to listen to over the past few weeks and days - probably because it reminds me of how I need to rest in the...
joy of what Thou art.
To rest in my Father's unconditional love.
"Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved, Know Thy certainty of promise, And have made it mine," speaks so strongly to me of the beauty of Him being the surety I need and the promises He had given all throughout Scripture that I can claim. One promise stuck out to me yesterday in a message Dan V. gave on Sunday morning, " Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you." (Genesis 28:15) I AM my Beloved's and He is Mine - I can stand on the promise (and rest in the promise) that He will be with me wherever I go...He will not leave me stranded anywhere and will be the Great Shepherd that will go before me. It's just enjoyable and comforting to see the promises in God's Word and realize that these words, which were spoken thousands of years ago, were spoken by the same God that sent His Son (as He promised!) to this earth and would be "the good Shepherd (who) gives His life for the sheep" (John 10:11).
Yes - as sheep...let's rest in His promises. Psalm 23 - enjoy reading it, slowly :-)
---
Jesus I am resting, resting In the Joy of what Thou art; I am finding out the greatness Of Thy loving heart. Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee, And Thy beauty fills my soul, For by Thy transforming power Thou hast made me whole.
-
O how great Thy loving kindness. Vaster, broader than the sea! O how marvellous Thy goodness, Lavished all on me! Yes, I rest in Thee, Beloved, Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine.
-
Jesus, I am resting, resting In the joy of what Thou art; I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
-
Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus, I behold Thee as Thou art, And Thy love, so pure, so changeless, Satisfies my heart; Satisfies its deepest longings, Meets supplies its every need, Compasseth me round with blessings; Thine is love indeed!
-
Ever lift Thy face upon me, As I work and wait for Thee; Resting 'neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus, Earth's dark shadows flee. Brightness of my Father's glory, Sunshine of my Father's face, Keep me ever trusting, resting; Fill me with Thy grace.

Comments

  1. Melissa, I like that arrangement. Paul spoke on Jesus - the Shepherd on Sunday evening. The Lord must be bringing that before me (and others) right now. He is the good Shepherd, the chief Shepherd, THE Shepherd. We can rest in Him. Thanks for the reminder! Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Immanuel's Land" is one of my favorite hymns. I love the part you referenced "I am my Beloved's and my Beloved's mine...He brings a poor, vile sinner into His house of wine..." I would love to memorize the whole song :) I was just reading in Ephesians about how we are "accepted in the Beloved." What a beautiful thing. I love reading your thoughts, Melissa. I hope to see you soon so we can catch up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH! Erica!!! I LOVE you! Thanks for your comments...it has been so helpful for me the past few days to just look upon my Beloved, Jesus Christ, and that I am in Him. Completely accepted :-)
    Yes, we DO need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him