Titus 2:2-5


How many times do you read a verse in the Bible and not actually read it?
Scripture: Read Titus 2:2-5...perhaps you'll see what I saw!
Take a look at verse 5...
                          
Observations: The purpose of these words in Titus 2:2-5 is for older women to teach younger women. As I studied the passage, I kept looking and re-looking at the end of verse 5. The passage is more than just being a godly woman, wife, mother, grandmother (although they are good and noble aspects of these verses); it is so much more! Look at verse 5. The purpose of all this is so that the word of God can not be blasphemed. Sisters...do you see the seriousness of these words? Do you see the beauty of these verses? 
After reading Titus 2 in my NKJV, I grabbed my Amplified New Testament (it's pretty good at amplifying a message!) and was struck by the awesome and high calling God has given to women who proclaim Jesus as their Lord and Savior. He calls us to live a life that is honoring to Him; an honoring life is one that will not discredit the Bible, call His word into question and even expose it to reproach and ridicule. 
You can imagine where my thoughts went to after realizing the gravity of my role as a woman: have I caused someone to ridicule the Bible? Do I gossip and in so doing cause people to question my reasons for following Christ? Am I obedient to my husband in public as well as in the home? If I'm not willing to adapt myself to my husband, what is that saying about God? About Jesus? About His Word? Am I telling the world that I can be a follower of Jesus and be made perfect in the flesh? I hope not. Verses 11-15 and 3:3-7 are clear passages that remind us of "what we came from" and "who has saved us." We have been "renewed by the Holy Spirit," ... It tells us in Galatians that "if we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit." The phrase about "me being the only Bible some people will see" takes on a whole new meaning in light of Titus 2:5. 
-
Application:  our Great God wants us to be women after His own heart, He wants us follow His Word as we walk in the reality of His Spirit IN us and let our lives be a reason to proclaim His Word. He does not desire our lives to be a reason to disclaim His Word. When I speak, are people drawn to Jesus? Can people say a negative word of Jesus, God, the Bible after being with me?
Prayer: That's between you and The Lord. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him