People Need The Lord

Last weekend was quite the adventure...my stomach was constantly filled with many butterflies flying around in my stomach. Hahaha - but as Mr. Kelderman says "If you train them to fly all in the right directions...then it won't be so bad!" : )-
Perhaps you are wondering as to why I was overtaken by nervousness last weekend. Well...Anne-Marie G., Emma, Marie, Kimberly H. and myself were all asked to come speak at a Ladies Missionary Day at the Northside Bible Chapel.
The idea of me speaking made me quite nervous : /
It was hosted by a group of young girls called the M&M Club; which stood for Mission & Ministry...isn't that wonderful? These girls get together (their fearless leaders are Emily Peters and Jenny Keane) every month with a desire to grow closer to the Lord, help out their chapels and encourage other believers across the world. They put together a Saturday that was set aside for Missions...we all came to speak and share what the Lord had done in our lives as we worked in a foreign country or as we went somewhere here in the States to serve Him. Plainly saying - It Was Encouraging.

It was wonderful setting a table up with all my African items...setting out my Lunda Bible, Lunda/Luvale hymn books, african chitangi's, scrapbook pages...etc.
Memories came back to me in full-force over the weekend and I was really struck by how much I missed everything over there. How much I missed the people and their hunger for Truth. It was a joy telling everyone there what the Lord had taught me, what He opened my eyes too and what He is doing in my life now in preparation to the future (which the future is ALL in His powerful hands!)
Anne-Marie and I worked on putting a video together for the weekend, so after we gave our presentation we put up the video we made! Here is the YouTube link to the video...please let me know what you think! It was my first time to put together something like this BUT I couldn't have done it without Melissa C. amazing computer skills, Anne-Marie's patient help and Mr. Renes' great song choice : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yun-3DdZbYA

May this video touch your hearts...realizing that People ARE Lost! It's a fact. It's a reality. Brother's and sister's...we have the life changing answer! "...always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear." I Pt. 2:15

"And there is no other GOD beside ME,
a just GOD and a SAVIOR;
There is none besides ME.
Look to ME, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am GOD, and there is no other"
Isaiah 45:21b-22

Comments

  1. That was so beautiful, Melissa! Tears were just running down my face, and now Dave is laughing at me. :) I think it is so neat that you were able to go to Africa and that your heart is bent towards the lost. We need to encourage one another to keep that mindset, don't we?

    Sounds like a wonderful get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done and beautifully put together! What a wonderful opportunity to share your passion to share the gospel with those girls. Thanks for sharing...it certainly challenged my own heart today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so glad you got to do that, I am sure it was such an encouragement to all those girls.
    Thanks so much for you post, you made me cry too, I love your passion.
    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Melissa! I loved your video-- especially how you timed certain pictures with certain words in the song-- very touching.

    I'm sure you did wonderful in what you shared. Adam always says that you should be nervous when you are speaking about the Lord... it's the most important thing you could talk about and you don't want to mess it up. That always comforts me a bit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh melissa you found my new blog! hehe. I finally entered this world of internet craziness so I can keep my sweet prayer warriors and other friends up to date on my summer. And now I can read yours too- yay! You are due for a call from me any day now...and I have a special song to sing you- any guesses? ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa I'm thankful for you and your desire to serve the Lord. I thought the slide show and music selection was very well done. The M&M bunch do a good work for the Lord in many ways. LuAnn would have enjoyed spending that time with you. I'm sorry I missed talking to you and your folks Sun afternoon after the funeral. How did the out outreach go? I'd like to send a follow up email to the prayerkjk group.
    In Christ, ken

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa, I was so blessed to attend the M&M conference. You girls did a
    great job and the messages touched my
    heart deeply with thankfulness and praise for your lives being lived so
    unselfishly!
    Love you,
    M.P. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him