marriage topics :-)

Tim and I are receiving some marriage counseling from our parents and a couple at his meeting in Fargo. It has been so good!!! We were given about 20 topics to study about, pray on, and find Scripture that points us to what the Bible teaches on those topics. Right now, I'm on Topic #2 .... 18 more to go!!! But...let me tell you about Topic #1.
The first topic was Christ. So, even though I'm ONLY on Topic #2 ... a lot of that has to do with the fact that I didn't want to finish studying Topic #1! It just seemed as if I kept finding Scripture after Scripture that pointed me to Someone else - not me. This life, this upcoming marriage, this existence of mine is not about me ... it's about Him and ONLY Him.
This is beautiful and encouraging...
Christ is our PEACE - Ephesians 2:14-18, "for through Him we have access to the Father by the Spirit," ..."for He Himself is our PEACE."
Christ is our CORNERSTONE - Ephesians 2:19-22, "having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the Chief Cornerstone."
Colossians 1:15-19, "Christ is the exact likeness of the unseen God, Christ is the Firstborn of all creation...all thigns were created and exist through Him and in and for Him...in Him all things consist. He is the Head of the Church, He is the Beginning, the Firstborn of the dead, He alone in everything and in every respect occupies the chief place."
As I was typing that last verse, I was struck by the power in the language that the Holy Spirit penned. Read it again, my friend. Read the Bible and SEE just how good God is for 1) loving us first and 2) sending His Son for our sins so that 3) we can live through Him. I John 4:9-10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him