A Sweet Reminder

There are some days that I look back at my journal entries and I *cringe* and ask myself, "what was I thinking?" Or I *sigh* and thank the Lord that He is so patient with me! But there are some days that I am really thankful for journal entries! Today is one of them. I want my friend, Kelly, to know I was thinking of her as I wrote this back in January and I'm thinking of her again as I re-write these words on my blog.

January 1st, 2012

It's 10:53 a.m. and it's the 1st day of a new year! I'm in the Chicago O'Hare Airport - I'm waiting to go to OKC and just had a 9-day week with Tim, his family, and friends from the Meadow ridge Bible Chapel. A part of me wants to write every little detail from the trip while another part of me just wants to write some reminders to my heart...reminders of Christ, my security in Him, my HOPE & JOY in Him, and that my Bridegroom cometh soon.          

1st - remember that no foundation is strong except that which is laid on Jesus Christ. It's easy for me to look for strength in others.                                                                                              

2nd - Quiet tension is NOT trust. It is simply compressed anxiety. LORD, teach me to trust!        

3rd - The unknown future can be left in the hands of the Known God who intimately knows me.    

4th - a believer's focused is to be fixed on Christ. Any other focus will cause me to fall. Remove false images and cause me to worship only You!                                                                      

5th - Worry is a sin.   

6th - Truth to be told (let it be shouted out!!!) Christ alone can satisfy and His word alone can guide my footsteps.                          

7th - You can either grieve the Spirit, quench the Spirit, or walk in the Spirit. Which one am I doing?

8th - "But let all those who take refuge and put trust in You rejoice; let them sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them and defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits." Psalm 5:11 AMP

9th - remember, a woman of contentment and a woman of clarity is sweet to Him, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

10th - Wait on the Lord. Continue to look for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him