summer.sewing.projects

So this is my summer.sewing.project. 


All of these materials were found ON SALE on July 4th. After fireworks were displayed that evening, I locked myself up in my room and began sewing away. Do you ever wonder if you missed your calling? Well - as I was sewing, it made me wish I could spend every minute of every day simply sewing. It was relaxing and so fulfilling to see the ideas one has in mind turn into something tangible.

My to-do sewing list
1. 4 pillowcases
2. 2 accent pillows
3. a lamp shade
4. 2 Euro sham covers. 
5. quilt top

As I look back at the list, I can successfully say that more than 1/2 of the list is completely finished!!!!

Here are the finished products :-)



two of the four pillowcases :-) blues and pinkish-browns :-)



this lamp has been in the family for a long time - just updated the shade!



"new" bed!!!



the quilt i've been working on for many months - all that's left: quilting the top & the border





a queen size quilt. these are my favorite colors - reds, browns, and whites

So perhaps I haven't missed my calling....maybe it's simply beginning :-)

Comments

  1. Love this and love you!! I would love to hire you for some sewing projects to help you fulfill your true calling!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Mel! I can't wait for you to teach me your sewing ways...though I'm sure your talent is much greater than mine could ever hope to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz is Welcome!?!!!! I can testify to the hard work. It is a beautiful work in progress!!
    Just like you!! Mom:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw - YAY Liz and Kelly ... let's have a sewing party when Liz gets back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful, Melissa! You definitely should continue sewing! Love you, Laura Renes

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look amazing, Melissa! I'm so impressed:) The color scheme is beautiful too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him