Purity

"Purity is not innocence— it is much more than that. Purity is the result of continued spiritual harmony with God. We have to grow in purity. Our life with God may be right and our inner purity unblemished, yet occasionally our outer life may become spotted and stained. God intentionally does not protect us from this possibility, because this is the way we recognize the necessity of maintaining our spiritual vision through personal purity. If the outer level of our spiritual life with God is impaired to the slightest degree, we must put everything else aside until we make it right. Remember that spiritual vision depends on our character— it is "the pure in heart " who "see God."

God makes us pure by an act of His sovereign grace, but we still have something that we must carefully watch. It is through our bodily life coming in contact with other people and other points of view that we tend to become tarnished. Not only must our "inner sanctuary" be kept right with God, but also the "outer courts" must be brought into perfect harmony with the purity God gives us through His grace. Our spiritual vision and understanding is immediately blurred when our "outer court" is stained. If we want to maintain personal intimacy with the Lord Jesus Christ, it will mean refusing to do or even think certain things. And some things that are acceptable for others will become unacceptable for us."

-My Utmost for His Highest

Might the LORD remind each of us daily how He has called us to purity in all areas of our lives. It is so hard sometimes...trust me - I know! But we don't have to partake in every pleasure of this world, for it is passing away. Rather, we have the opportunity and the privilege to live a life that is "set apart" ... a life that is pleasing to LORD. I pray we all who claim the name of Jesus Christ as our LORD will desire to be a vessel for honor, not a vessel for dishonor.

"Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified (set apart) and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. Flee also youthful s; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the LORD out of a pure heart." II Timothy 2:21-22

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reminder to pursue purity in our lives. Love you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I finally read your post on my blog. You hit the nail on the head my dear. There is a lack of the fear of God in our lives.

    I believe when there is a real fear of God it will affect every area of our lives. It will be seen as well as heard. I can say I fear God but live as if I do not. This is what most of the "Christian community does".

    Am I doing what I do because I have determined it is ok - or do I have a real leading and conviction from the Lord? Am I truely seeking to please Him, allowing Him to be My Sovereign.

    Thanks for your keen insight. I know that it flows from a heart of love and committment to the One you love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him