Some Quiet Time : )

One my new favorite places to go in OKC is 'cuppiesnjoe' - a cute 1940's home in the Paseo District that has been renovated into a coffee house. I like it because they have cupcakes : ) I also like it because you get quality iced tea for only $1.50, which includes free "pour-yourself" refills : ) They let me take pictures there : ) And, I like it because I can tuck myself into a corner on a comfy sofa and spend some quiet time with my Savior : ) Something I can't seem to get enough of..."O GOD, You are my GOD; early will I see You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water." Psalm 63:1
~
~"Lemony Snicket" Cupcake

~I'm inviting you to come sit down and talk with me : )


The book of Daniel is where I found myself in the Word this morning..."But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank..." Daniel 1:8. I read this - and thought to myself, How often do I purpose in my heart to not defile myself...to not watch a movie with inappropriate scenes in it, to not partake in gossip, to not spend my money on unwise purchase or to simply not be conformed to this world?

It was humbling to think about. And even more revealling to see how much my heart wants to take part in the "delicacies and wines" of this world. Even to see how easy it is to set up idols in my heart for trivial things that don't count for eternity. Remind me again, dear LORD, that I need to set my affection on things above, not on things of this world...for I have died to this world! My life is now hidden with Christ in God...what more could I ask for? No money on earth could buy that, no delicacy on this earth could provide such delight as being in direct communion with God!

"Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you! O Israel, if you will listen to Me! There shall be no foreign god among you; nor shall you worship any foreign god. I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt; open your mouth wide and I will fill it...Oh that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways!...He (the LORD) would have fed them also with the finest of wheat; and with honey from the rock I would have satisfied you." Psalm 81:8-10,13,16

Remember...finest of wheat and honey...spiritual and physical nourishment is fully found in Jesus Christ our LORD and Savior. *humming* Praise to the Lord, who o'er all things so wondrously reigneth, shelters thee under His wings, yea, so gently sustaineth! Hast thou not seen how thy desires e'er have been...granted in what He ordaineth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him