Smile : )

This video made me smile so BIG as I watched it and I hope this video makes you smile BIG too - and maybe chuckle a little bit as well.
The video makes me think of an elderly couple I remember meeting back in Ireland, their last name was Carpenter. He was 94 and she was 86. They had been doing the Lord's work in Belfast ever since they were married - about 70 years! But they were as spry and chipper and lively as ever before, according to the both of them. They were one of the first elderly couples I met in Belfast for the summer Anne-Marie and I helped out with the outreach their. One evening I had the treat of sitting down with the both of them and talk to them...I love older couples! They have such wisdom and they have so much care about seeing the next generation raised up in "truth and grace." Knowing their marriage had sustained that long and knowing they never gave up in the ministry in Belfast, despite all odds against them (especially during the riots), makes it even more determined in my mind that God alone was keeping, protecting and guiding them. He does that for us too. He is the Great Shepherd throughout our life (Ps.23:1, Isaiah 40:11) and the Light that guides our footsteps (John 1:1-9, John 8:12, Ps.119:105) - He has promised that "He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you, nor forsake you" (Deut. 31:6-7). Now that is something to smile about : )
---
O LORD, You are the portion of
my inheritance and my cup;
You maintain my lot...
I will bless the LORD who has
given me counsel; my heart also
instructs me in the night season.
I have set the LORD always before me;
because HE is at my right hand
I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad,
and my glory rejoices;
my flesh also will rest in hope.

Comments

  1. So fun Mel!! I think you're fabulous and I love you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so cute-- nothing like an old couple that still flirt with each other!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him