Surrender

O God whose will conquers all,
There is no comfort in anything
apart from enjoying Thee
and being engaged in Thy service;
Thou art All in all, and all enjoyments are what to me
Thou makest them, and no more.
I am well pleased with Thy will, whatever it is,
or should be in all respects,
And if Thou bidst me decide for myself in any affair
I would choose to refer all to Thee,
for Thou art infinitely wise and cannot do amiss,
as I am in danger of doing.
I rejoice to think that all things are at Thy disposal,
and it delights me to leave them there...
I can of myself do nothing to glorify Thy blessed name,
but I can through grace cheerfully surrender soul
and body to Thee.

---

---
The past week has found my heart needing to cling more and more
to the plan my Lord has for my life, not what I think or want or desire.
Our Lord is inifitely wise and He doesn't lead His children on the wrong path...
no, He leads His children to green pastures and waters of quietness.
And He simply asks me to follow Him.
He asks me to follow Him because I am His,
my ear has been pierced - I am not my own...
I am fully His and His alone.
Thus, I need to follow and I need to rest,
knowing that my Great God is in-control
of every aspect of my life.
His daily sufficient grace will see me through,
for when I am doubting His plan or
the period of waiting He has me in right now
I must look up to my Maker and, with a joyful heart,
rejoice to think that all things are at His disposal and
with a delightful heart, I must leave them there
---
"But now O Lord Thou art our Father;
we are the clay, and Thou our potter,
and we all are the work of Thy hand."
Isaiah 64:8

Comments

  1. Praying for you, dear friend. Thank you for sharing these thoughts on the sovereignty of God. It's good to be reminded to trust Him, to be willing to follow and to remember to surrender our own will to His. His plans will not be thwarted and He does know best! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this, Melissa. We should talk soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this, I'm praying for you.
    Jenny K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him