Fall 2009 Schedule!!!

Can you believe it? On December 18th, 2009 I'll be a college graduate with a B. A. in English!!! This afternoon, I had the wonderful privilege of enrolling in classes for the last time ; ) It certainly has been a challenging, growing and productive 4 years for me at UCO. Just being at college, especially a secular one, has challenged me in my faith in numerous ways...and I thank my Father in heaven for using college as a place to teach and train me of how to be a follower of Jesus Christ my Lord. Many times I didn't share Christ when I should have and the Lord has taught me through those lessons that I need to seize every opportunity to talk about Jesus! He is the HOPE that this world is looking for, not political leaders or world organizations...it's Jesus, God's own Son who came to save sinners from the death that they deserved by dying in their place. God gave me so many opportunites to share about Him in my homework responses, topics I picked to write papers on, 20 minutes speech presentations, classmate interaction, Tuesday Bible Studies or even talking with professors in their office. And I say all of this because HE deserves every bit of the glory! Wonderful, isn't it? To God be the glory great things HE has done! Of course, my battlefield at college is not done with...there are still 5 more months of fighting for the faith and I ask for your prayers that I would finish strong and continue steadfastly - "looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith." Hebrews 12:2a
Here is my school schedule for fall 2009 and some other courses I am taking in May to complete my B.A. faster. It'll be an interesting semester with some hard classes, but thankfully not as hard as this current semester has been. I would never recommend anyone to take 21 hours in one semester - I can't count how many all-nighters I have pulled to get projects finished!
May class:
Instructional Technology for Teachers on May 11th - 13th, 18th, 9a.m. to 4p.m.
Correspondence course:
Shakespeare - this one is set at my own pace, which is quite nice
Fall 2009:
English Cornerstone - online course
Chaucer - Tuesday/Thursday 3:30-4:45
Technical Writing - online
English Capstone - Monday/Wedesday 2:00 - 3:15
Pilates - Tuesday/Thursday 10:00-10:50 - I just needed ONE measly credit, so this is the course I get to take...hope it isn't too difficult ; )
Will be sure to keep everyone posted about this semester and I would appreciate all of your prayers regarding what the Lord would have me to do once I graduate. There are few ideas I'm praying about for next spring but will let you all know the details once the Lord gives me clearer direction. It's encouraging that the Lord gives us only what we can handle ... and He doesn't ask us to try and understand or know every detail about the future, but rather take every day as it comes and trust the Lord for what we do not know.
My Lord is teaching me the truth of Psalm 37 when it says:
"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass...
Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him...
the LORD knoweth the days of the upright; and their inheritance shall be forever. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied...
the steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in His way. Though he fall he shall not be utterly cast down, for the LORD upholdeth him with His hand...
the law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide...
Wait on the LORD, and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land...
but the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD, He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them and deliver them: He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him."

Comments

  1. is moving to Tulsa one of the ideas you're praying about for next spring? You know you want to :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him