Evening Musing

Tell me about the Master!
I am weary and worn tonight.
The day lies behind me in shadows,
And only the evening is light.
Light with a radiant glory
That lingers about the west,
My poor heart is aweary, aweary,
And longs like a child for rest.

Tell me about the Master!
Of the wrong He freely forgave,
Of His love and tender compassion,
Of His love that is mighty to save.
For my heart is aweary, aweary,
Of the woes and temptations of life,
Of the error that stalks in the noonday,
Of falsehoods and malice and strife.

Yet, I know that whatever of sorrow,
Or pain or temptation befall,
The Infinite Master hath suffered,
And knoweth and pitieth all.
So tell me the old, old story
That falls on each wound like a balm,
And my heart that was burdened and broken
Shall grow patient, and strong, and calm.
-Author Unkown

Made me think of this hymn:
Turn your eyes upon JESUS;
Look full in HIS wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of HIS glory and grace.

Certainly, HE is my only resting place...
and only HE can guide this heart of mine.

"The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
HE makes me lie down in green pastures,
HE leads me beside the still waters." Ps. 23:1-2

Savior, like a Shepherd lead us, much we need Thy tender care;
In Thy pleasant pastures feed us, for our use Thy folds prepare:
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus, Thou hast bought us, Thine we are!
Blessed Jesus, blessed Jesus...Thou hast bought us, Thine we are.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him