Have you ever been emotionally moved by something? Maybe the birth of a new baby, or perhaps it was that scene in Little Women when Beth is saying her sweet goodbye to her dear sister Joe March, it might have even been the Word of God that moved you when God revealed something important to your hungry soul, it could have been the warm hug from a friend when you were having "one-of-those-kind-of-days," or maybe you've seen the childlike prayer of a lost sheep coming into His fold. There are so many things we can be moved by...
...but what was our Lord and Savior moved by?
Mark 1:41 says, "Then Jesus, moved with compassion, stretched out His hand and touched him, and said to him, 'I am willing; be cleansed.'"
Matthew 9:36 tells us, "But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd."
There are many references that speak of Jesus being moved with compassion. I can't help but think, this is what moved and compelled our Lord to die on that cross for our sins. He loved us and He had compassion on us, even though we are selfish and disobedient children.
This compassion drove Him to the cross...He chased our sins to Calvary. He gave up the beauty and splendor of those golden paved-brick roads in Heaven to instead come to this earth and walk the dirty-spat upon-smelly path to the cross "as a lamb to the slaughter." (Isa. 52:7)
But He wasn't led forcefully...He willing gave Himself. "...He said, 'Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God.' He takes away the first that He may establish the second. By that will we have been sanctified (set apart) through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." Heb.9-10

O.K. I don't mean to overwhelm you with all these things! My mind is SO boggled by this compassion, I can hardly even get one of my fingers to grasp hold of this concept of love Abba has for us!
But my main thought from this was that: if we know Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, we should want to know Him more. Know Him more meaning: doing what He did, talking about what He talked about, and desiring to have that kind of compassion He had for the lost. Am I moved with compassion for this hurting world? Am I submitting myself fully and whole-heartedly to His will?
As Jesus said to His Father in Heaven, may we too learn to pray like this: "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done." Luke 22:42

ARGH...this post is too long.
Here's a link you might enjoy...it moved me and brought to life that passage, "not My will, but Yours, be done."

Comments

  1. Well said, and thought provoking. What moves me? May it be the love of the Lord that compells me in obedience to worship and serve Him. Notice I put worship first Melissa - after that message from Kieth Sunday morning!

    Glad you have joined the world of blogging. I'm sure it will be a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him