Talking to God

"Talking to men for GOD is a great thing,
but talking to GOD for men is greater still."
-E.M. Bounds
- - -
This quote struck me in new ways this evening as I looked throughout my e-mail inbox. Within the past few days I have received numerous e-mails concerning the salvation of people...people I don't even know and yet, I know they need the Lord Jesus as their Savior. It makes me think of how many people we come into contact with and how we often share the gospel with them and yet fail to pray daily for their salvation...to continue the conversation we had with them about God to the conversation with God about the choice they now have set before them. What a priviledge we have to pray for those we know personally and those we meet in the check-out line at Target. Of course, I'm not saying we should forego sharing with them the message of Christ and instead pray someone else should go about spreading the Good News! Far from that! Rather, we should be active to talk to men about God and remember to continually pray that the seed sown would not be cast to the wayside, or engulfed with thorns, or bud for a moment only to die soon after...but that the seed would find good soil and grow.
- - -
Ahhh - we truly should "pray without ceasing," it is quite a priviledge we have to communicate and talk to the God of the Universe and our Creator...which could never have been done if Christ had not shed His own on the cross and broken down the middle wall between God and man.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

People Need The Lord

Update on My Bro : )

Learning About Him